Search

Thursday, February 7, 2019

Development Impact Statement

Written By: IBRAHIM MUSA BABA

From my parental background, I belong to a
community that lived in poor conditions in a village named "katsira" in Nangere,
a couple of generations back.
  My grandfather was the first person in the community to have educated himself in the city and earned a job teaching at a high school.
  He then helped the entire community to raise its standard of living which shaped the next generation as lower middle class families living on small shops or clerical jobs. My mother continued my grandfather's legacy and was one of the
first people to get a degree in my family.
   My father is not much educated, but it is his strong desire that he wants to see his children very educated and professional.       Ever since many people in our community have looked up to our family for role models and educational guidance.
 This places immense responsibility on my
shoulders to educate myself and to inspire the next generation of the community towards academic excellence.
  Apart from my grandfather's legacy, the motivation for it also comes from my belief that highly educated individuals who trust in educational research and reason are
vital for the future progress of our society,
who would counter the current ignorant
fundamentalism and radical belief systems
threatening our country today.
  For me, the combination of technical and management fields is great.
  During my studies, I used to supervise and take interest in managing the semester group projects, besides I feel that our society lacks sustainable development, for these reasons I have chosen "Project management"and want to learn more about it, and I can say with full confidence that I will do my best and cope with the demands of course.
  Being given the opportunity to study in a UK Institution will not only provide me a chance to achieve best standard of education but also I will learn more about British culture and psyche.
  Currently, the amount of research being done in Nigeria is minimal. To improve the quality and quantity of education research we need specialized intellectuals who can take the role of leaders.
  It is in this regard that I can play a vital role and serve my country.
  I think that Commonwealth scholarship would not only permit me to realize my dreams of academic excellence in my domain but will also give me an opportunity to broaden my experiences by exchanging ideas with other people and at the same time serve my country and later on inspire others to strive for academic excellence.
  However it will take of to the duration of service years, and to be measure true tests and retesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment